Central OS X Systems
The Physics IT Department now offers support for over 180 OS X systems within the Physics Department.
Benefits of having your OS X system maintained by IT support includes:
- Offsite backup of data via Time Machine to a server room in Begbroke for desktop systems.
- Software preconfigured to work in the department and can be installed by the user at any time of the day via the Self Service Application.
- IT support requests should be quick to resolve and can also be resolved remotely depending on the issue.
- OS and application updates tested and installed automatically onto the systems.
- Synchronisation between local user directory on the system and the Physics File Servers via HomeSync
- Remote Access to the systems via either VNC or SSH.
- Centralised login using the same username and passwords as the email system.
- Transparent access to the central IT services (printing, user file space, email .etc)
- Setting up and configuring the system is automatic, saving users time and effort.