* This event is now fully booked. If you'd like to attend please write to firstname.lastname@example.org *
We are delighted to invite all members of our Physics Alumni community and their friends & family to our
Physics Alumni Summer Garden Party 2023 at St Hilda's College, Oxford.
Saturday 1 July, 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm
We hope you can join us for a lovely afternoon in this beautiful setting.
Places are limited, please book soon to avoid disappointment. We welcome alumni members and their friends/family on this day.
Children and under 16 year olds must be supervised at all times (and specially on this occasion as we are vey close to the river)
Proposed format on the day
- 2:30 - onwards: Arrival of guests – collection of badges – welcome drink.
- 3:00 Welcome words by Professor Ian Shipsey, Head of Physics.
- 3:10 Short talk: Professor Myles Allen “Geological Net Zero: how we will (eventually) stop fossil fuels from causing global warming” .
- 3:45 End of talk, followed by Q&A.
- 4:00 Afternoon tea is served.
- After the service starts, people are free to walk around the gardens, take a punt*, or stay in and enjoy the party.
- 6:30 end of event
* Punts are available in slots of half an hour.
We are able to offer free punting time for our guests in slots of half hour. There are very limited slots. If you are interested in booking a slot, please tick this on the registration form as an add on.
We look forward to seeing you there!