I am a DPhil student on the Environmental Research DTP working with Tim Woollings and Michael Byrne. I study the interactions between clouds and circulation in the tropics using satellite observations and global climate models.
Alongside my research, I started the AOPP Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity working group. We lead initiatives ranging from installing an EDI library to organising the collection and analysis of applicant diversity data. I am also a mentor on the UNIQ+ graduate access course.
Outside of academia my interests include climate policy and international development.
Ongoing research projects
- The first project of my PhD involved estimating cloud feedbacks from observed trends. We were particularly interested in exploring the extent to which feedbacks have been driven by circulation changes. I presented this work at EGU 2022 and am now preparing it for publication.
- I am currently investigating the role of cloud feedbacks in changes in monsoon rainfall patterns.
Professional and Academic Background
- UKRI Policy Intern in Electricity Supply team at Climate Change Committee, 2022
- MSci at University of Birmingham, 2018
- Intern in Innovation Initiative at International Committee of the Red Cross, 2017
Ask me about
Tropical clouds, monsoons and working with satellite data.