MCSA Postdoctoral Fellowships are for two years and involve joining an established research group in the Department. The scheme is open to applicants moving from within Europe or those wishing to return to Europe; the scheme covers all research areas. The UK plans to Associate to Horizon Europe and so we are eligible to apply as a host organisation based in Europe.
There are no restrictions based on nationality or age but applicants need to have a PhD and up to 8 years of research experience after PhD. Further details of eligibility can be found on the funder website. An academic (faculty) member of the Department will be needed to act as your Oxford Physics sponsor so if you are interested in applying please contact the person whose group you would wish to join to discuss your proposed application with them and confirm their support for your application prior to submitting an EOI (internal deadline below). NB this department only supports European Postdoctoral Fellowships, not the Global Postdoctoral Fellowship scheme.
The funding provides an allowance towards living, travel and family costs; further details are available on the funder website. Applications are made via the EU's participant portal.
Deadlines and timescales (2022)
- By 11th July 2022 - Internal EOI Deadline. Applicants to send EOI consisting of one page outline, CV and publications list to Research Facilitators (on firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to obtain Departmental approval to apply. Please cc your Oxford Physics sponsor and include the name of your second academic reader.
- 25th July - approved applicants to have completed admin forms in EU portal.
- 1st August - draft Part B to Research Facilitators and Oxford sponsor and second reader
- TBC - internal Physics deadline. Applicants to have completed part B of application.
- TBC - Research Services deadline.
- 14th September 4pm UK time - Funder deadline for final submissions to be made on the portal.
Please note, from 2022 the funder have introduced a resubmission rule, you cannot resubmit an application with the same host institution if you received a score below 70 in the 2021 round. Therefore, if you applied with the University of Oxford as your host institution in the 2021 and received a score of less than 70, we cannot support you to apply in the 2022 round.