MACROSCOPIC QUANTUM MATTER
Davis Group research concentrates upon the fundamental physics of exotic states of electronic, magnetic, atomic and space-time quantum matter.
A specialty is development of innovative instrumentation to allow direct atomic-scale visualization or perception of the quantum many-body phenomena that are characteristic of these states.
- Macroscopic Quantum Physics
- Quantum Physics of Space-Time
- Electron Pair Density Wave States
- Monopole Fluids and Insulators
- Correlated High-Tc Superconductors
- Kondo Superconductors & Insulators
- Quantum & Classical Spin Liquids
- Magnetic topological insulators
- Electron Fluid-flow Visualization
- Quantum Microscope Development
Davis Group operates three suites of ultra-low vibration laboratories, one in Beecroft Building at Oxford University (UK), another in the Kane Building at University College Cork (IE) and a third in Clark Hall at Cornell University (US). The overall objective is to exploit the distinct capabilities and facilities at all laboratories to maximize scientific efficiency. Ours is as single research group conducting scientifically harmonized studies with complementary scientific instruments at all three locations. Other key components of our program are at the Max Planck Graduate Center for Quantum Materials in Dresden.
Contact : email@example.com
Website : http://davis-group-quantum-matter-research.ie/
Website : https://www.ucc.ie/en/quantummatter/
Website : https://www.quantummaterials.mpg.de/7207/People
Mobile : +1 607-220-8685 / +353-83-039-2937