Our main directions of research are
- Galactic dynamics and kinetic theory of self-gravitating systems (J. Binney, B. Kocsis, J. Magorrian)
- Gravitational-wave astrophysics and black-hole physics (B. Kocsis)
- Planetary dynamics and accretion discs (B. Kocsis, C. Terquem)
- Astrophysical fluid dynamics (J. Magorrian, A. Schekochihin, C. Terquem)
- Plasma astrophysics and kinetic theory of collisionless plasmas (M. Barnes, A. Schekochihin)
- Plasma theory for magnetic confinement fusion and gyrokinetic theory (M. Barnes, F. Parra, A. Schekochihin)
In fusion science, we work in close partnership with the UKAEA Culham Laboratory (CCFE).