Our specialist mechanical engineering team provides design, manufacturing and technical support for projects across the University and for external collaborators; we have a dedicated research workshop for supporting the teaching and research activities within the department.
We work with other universities, research institutes and industry on precision engineering projects for specialist infrastructure around the world; we produce a wide range of components, from precision parts to large fabricated assemblies, many of which operate in hostile environments, cryogenic temperatures and high vacuum.
What we do
- CNC milling
- CNC turning
- CNC wire and spark erosion
- From Labs 3D printing (max 145mm x x145mm x 185mm)
- Plastic injection moulding
- Manual machining
- Vacuum testing
- CMM measurement and metrology
- Mechanical engineering design
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computation Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Laser table equipment
- Technical advice and more