We develop mathematical theories to describe the fundamental properties of nature and explore their implications. Our activities include
- Quantum Chromodynamics and collider phenomenology
- Physics beyond the Standard Model
- Particle astrophysics and cosmology
- Gauge-string duality and holography
- String theory and its phenomenology
- Quantum field theory and quantum gravity
We have close links with our colleagues in experimental Particle Physics, Astrophysics, and in the Mathematical Physics Group at the Maths Institute.